The Harpy Speaks

Two clans, both alike in dignity,
In fair Hamilton, where we lay our scene,
From ancient grudge break to new mutiny,
Where uncivil blood makes civil hands unclean.

From forth the fatal loins of these two foes
A brood of feuding childer bid their lives;
Whose misadventur’d piteous interjects
Doth with their voice inflame their parents’ strife.

The fearful passage of their blood-borne love,
And the continuance of their parents’ rage,
Which, but their children’s end, nought could remove,
Is now the timely traffic of our stage;

The which, when those with patient ears attend,
What outrage cracks, our toil shall strive to mend.

I, Carlos the Evenhanded, Harpy of Hamilton by the will of the heads of the clans, declare the following:

Primogen Irina has declared the airing of Elder disputes in public, in particular, diablerie, by Elder Cornelius is offensive, and therefore Vulgar. Elder Cornelius has declared that the discussion of diablerie is NOT offensive. As Primogen Irina lacks the status to question the word of an Elder, she may not declare it otherwise.

In addition, any insult potentially offered by Elder Cornelius was specific to Elder McTavish, and not to Clan Brujah in general. I find no grounds for action to be taken by the Primogen on behalf of Clan Brujah against Cornelius.

As Cornelius has found insult in Primogen Irina’s words, Irina is considered Warned. However, as one Favoured by Elder McTavish, Irina may ignore this warning…this time.

In regards to Primogen Ballard’s claim of offense caused to Clan Ventrue by Elder Cornelius, in that Elder Cornelius continued to pursue the matter of Ventrue internal clan politics with the Ventrue at the recent gathering, after the matter was declared closed by the Harpy at the previous Elysium, I find that offense has indeed been given to the Ventrue Clan, and that the behaviour of Elder Cornelius in this instance was indeed Vulgar.

Let all heed these words, and abide by them.

The Honourable and Acclaimed Harpy, Carlos the Evenhanded, Noble and Prominent Guardian of the Social Protocols of Hamilton