For the new players - Sample DTA responses

Hi all,

I thought it might be good to post part of an old character DTA response, so people can see how I do it. It makes the STs’ lives a bit easier.

Allies
Tyrell Corp Security - protect Tyrell Corporation (and haven) from mortal interference.

Herd
Herd (2) Use one point of my Herd to feed.

Downtime action one
Investigate (What backgrounds, skills, will help?)
DTA 1: Investigation action – talk with local Indians dwelling in the city to discover more about the legends of the Talupan-Panlakad.
Mental and Investigation Base Test Pool 14 (+ 5 for Eyes of Chaos, and +3 for Wits Focus) if applicable. Social/Subterfuge Test Pool = 13 (+ 3 for Manipulation Focus, if applicable)

Downtime action two
Investigate (What backgrounds, skills, will help?)
DTA 2: Investigation / Background: Following up on my dreams, research my Haven Library for legends/myths about a smith bound to an anvil, and whether it is based on an individual or it is likely to be a metaphor for something else.
Mental and Investigation Base Test Pool 14 (+ 5 for Eyes of Chaos, and +3 for Wits Focus) if applicable.
Mental and Lore Base Test Pool 17 (+ 5 for Eyes of Chaos, and +3 for Wits Focus) if applicable.

Downtime action three
Patrol
DTA3: Patrol Haven and surrounds (Tyrell Corporation).
Auspex/Investigate test Pool 14, Obfuscate Defense Pool 16, Dementate Offense Pool 15

Science Downtime action
Methodology? Do I look like a Scientist? I guess Jackson is looking to see if having taken LSD makes people more susceptible to Dementate, and whether it extends the duration. Split volunteers into a control group, and a test group, probably a double-blind test. Outline the risks to the patients clearly (without specifically mentioning LSD by name but mentioning taking an experimental drug will be involved), and give them the option to withdraw if they are not comfortable with it.
Science Action: weed out any volunteers who have existing mental conditions. Use Health Influence to screen people for current drug use (Special Research), and thank them politely for coming on the way out.
Mental and Science Base Test Pool 12

Influence: Underworld Health general action – (Lvl 3) “Illegal Favours" Obtain LSD for medical experiments.

Influence: Elite Media Targeted action - Block any lvl 4 Smooth Over actions preventing Masquerade breachs in the media.

XP: Security ability - 1st dot (2xp), Social trait - 111h dot (3xp). 8 in bank.

Cheers,

Blair

3 Likes

Always nice to include test pools as ST’s are saved the time delays in looking up your char sheet.

2 Likes

You have to include your Herd level too
Such as:
Herd (2): nom nom nom
(Is how I write mine)

2 Likes