Pheromone

Hello all

I forgot to bring this up on the night of our last meeting but over the last month I had heard about a new drug hitting the streets called “Pheromone”.

I thought I’d put the call out to see if anyone else had information about it or has connections to the drug world and may know anything.

Thought i’d ask before I do any further investigating, incase one of us is behind it, as I don’t want to step on any toes.

Here is what I know:
It’s a new drug called “Pheromone”
It’s severely more addictive that any seen before.
It’s said to make people more “Confident” and “Charming”.
It’s also said that it smells “strongly of blood”.

Would love any additional info anyone else has, and feel free to either message me privately or add to the discussion below, cheers

1 Like

Excellent work bringing this to everybody’s attention.
I don’t have those connections but perhaps our Architect @Anthony does? Maybe you two could spearhead the investigation?

1 Like

I will be investigating this issue this month

1 Like

Updating with what I found out this last month.

A mortal buddy of mine who took some said this about his experience:
“Pheromone is fucking great man. I feel on top of the world all the time. Everyone smiles at me when I walk down the street. It’s like life just gets easier and you slide right through. Everyone’s using it. Everyone’s enjoying it. Sales of MDMA, weed, cocaine, even roofies are plummeting. You just get a card in the night and then you go pick your shit up”

What I heard from my connection with the police:
“The cops seem to be largely overlooking it”
“a couple of them have started taking it to make interrogations easier.”

Some Information from a connection to someone in security:
"The amount of people picking up at clubs has significantly increased lately, and that even clubs and bars focused more on dancing than hookups have him kicking people out of the bathrooms and back alleys. He’s seen one person in withdrawal. They looked “haggard and old, a little bit repulsive”

When looking into who is dealing it:
Pheromone seems to mostly be end up in the hands of people with some form addiction, whether that be drugs, alcohol, sex, food. Every dealer who sells it has some form of prior vice, unsurprising considering the type of person to sell drugs, but it seems some of them haven’t sold before.

When looking into where it came from:
“There seems to be a collection of hubs from which the drug is collected. It’s interesting, nobody is ever there to hand over the drugs, but everyone knows not to take more than their allotment. The system seems to be servicing itself”

I also have a decent supply of Pheromone if anyone is wanting to do some research into it, and I’m talking finding out information that will be helpful not just getting high. Cheers

Some Information from the night, if I have missed anything or gotten things wrong, feel free to add it or correct me below, thanks.
(Also excuse the game mechanics speak, it’s just to get the Information across better):

Pheromone is a powder pressed into a pill, and is commonly taken orally.

When taken by a kindred:
They received the first 3 dots of Presence.
If they didn’t previously have presence “Awe” would automatically activate for the first 5 minutes after consumption.
If they did already have presence they had control over the effect and could use any level available of presence without having to spend Blood.

Those who handled the pill outside of its packaging have an active urge to take it.
If they are holding it but not planning to take it they have to fight this urge.

Some of this information brought up the idea that “Setites” or “the ministry” might be behind this. So Reynolds will be looking into that thread to possibly find out who may be creating Pheromone.

Some of the big question we would like answers to: (please add anymore questions below you’d like looked into and someone might look into it)
Who is making it?
How it’s made?
Why?

I plan to be trying to find out who or how the drugs are getting to the “collection of hubs” and trying to follow that line of supply.

And figure out how widespread Pheromone is if it’s just in Hamilton, The Waikato, or all of New Zealand ect.

So if you plan to look into Pheromone feel free to comment what you’re planning, or if you have any ideas or things you’d like looked into, comment below, cheers

1 Like

I’m going to try and figure out what it’s made of, and how much of its ingredients are available in Hamilton vs how much is outsourced and from where. A couple of other things as well but I’d rather report the results of my efforts than waste everyone’s time on dead ends.

1 Like

From personally taking pheromone at the gathering. I can tell you that while on it I was able to use my presence more easily or with less toll on my body (OTC did not need to spend a blood point to do use). I was able to summon which is a higher level of presence then the drug would give kindred or mortals without the innate ability.

I’m currently dealing with the after affects so far I feel VERY depressed. To be honest I don’t feel like I’m capable of doing much. I will update you on any other effects I notice.

I don’t recommend anyone taking this drug! It’s not worth it!

2 Likes

Excellent intelligence gathering Cole, you seem well Connected.

From the information provided I consulted my tomes of lore and can add the following with a strong degree of accuracy.

• The drug pheromone was causing blood bonds
  • The drug enticed “users” to take it against their will
  • The drug is part of an occult ritual
  • The ritual is likely powered by an occult artefact to reach the effects it is displaying
  • The ritual stinks of settite involvement
  • Reynolds “seems” unrelated to its creation
  • The drug first appeared about the time that Dante was attacked by an Aztec looking kindred
  • Settites have an Aztec bloodline

I think it would greatly help the domain for this Aztec assailant to be found before more anarchs get bloodbound further by this drug.

@Alejandro-deSilva can provide a description of this Aztec-esque thug. I would consider them extremely dangerous.

Padella.
Loremaster
Applicable lore specialties that were consulted (Clan Settite, Sect Independent, Thaumaturgical Rituals, Necromantic Rituals)

2 Likes

It’s been awhile but here is my latest info on Pheromone, if we want to confront this person and close this Pheromone situation up with a scene?

When staking out drug hubs awhile ago:
It’s was being delivered on foot by someone with Obfuscate.

When looking into how widespread:
Pheromone is only delivered in Hamilton, and has been seen in surrounding towns but only through pickup here.

Bloody Stone Slab:
I was able to find the first piece of evidence beyond Pheromone of these rituals. A bloody stone slab. The blood is a couple of months old but tasting the blood, beholding the site, you think that you know how so much blood and so much power is being distilled. Human sacrifice. No gangs involved in creation, no special hub, just plain old murder.

I managed to obtain a small piece of the stone slab of there are people with magic to look into it further?

Most recently:
Pheromone supply has dried up. There are a lot of miserable and suffering people right now

I enlisted the help of Victoria who can see through obfuscate to help track the deliveries:
You both travel to a dilipidated house in Enderley. The smell hits you first, and then the sights. The house looks like something from a horror film, blood and pieces of people strewn about the place. Talking to the rats in the walls it appears as though the ‘hairy beast’ doesn’t clean, doesn’t do anything except for bring people back and kill them. The rats love their dinner. The man is asleep now. He uses alcohol to sleep. You’re familiar with this type of person, he can’t sleep without it.

I believe @Echo had something to add

2 Likes

I managed to see through his obfuscate and saw his the delivery person was clearly human. And in a bad way clutching his chest in pain although his facial expressions didn’t suggest that.

While there a man dressed with gold jewelry spotted me and I him. I know his face now and could summon him if we want to confront him. I believe this might be the man who attacked Dante.

1 Like

Hopefully we can wrap this up on Saturday