The Law of Waikato

From the Office of the Undisputed Baron of Waikato;

Greeting to all my fellow Anarchs. Whattup gang?
As Baron, it’s my job to make Laws for the Domain, but this aint no Cammy state where I make all the rules according to my own whim.
So instead, I suggest this as a thread, to propose laws, that we cna discuss and pass or decline at gatherings.

In order for a proposal of Law to be considered, try your best to stick to the following format, so we all know what to expect.

1. Your name
  2. Your statuses in the domain and the moevement.
  3. Any deeds you wish to declare (optional, we don’t need to stand on ceremony, but if that’s your deal, go for it.)
  4. The reason for the proposed law. (Why is it important, what problem does it solve, how does it solve the problem. Etc.)
  5. The proposed law. (Wording is important, but if you’re not sure how to word it, you can ask for help. this will not impact any decision making.)
  6. The punishments for the proposed law. (there must be at least 2 punishments given, one more minor than the other)
  7. If there are any excemptions to the law; (Killing in the heat of battle, feeding from children when in Frenzy, no violence against other kindred unless given consent by the Baron or Constable etc.)
  8. Why you believe the Law is in keeping with the Movement, and what it stands for.
  9. At least one other Anarch who has supported the law. (this ensures that you have at least consulted one of our own on the matter, and shows thought.)
  10. Who will speak or field questions for the law. if you are not at the next gatehring, you will need to find someone to stand in for you etc. If there is noone to speak for a law, it will be delayed until a gathering where there is someone to speak for it. This ensures that the movement get to question and explore the proposal, and the Anarch who has proposed it, gets full rights to defend it.

I hope this process is easy enough to understand. There may be some times when an emergency law is passed, or a law that benefits all in the domain skipping this process, but they will be few and far between, and only based upon my Authority and Mandate

So decrees the Undisputed Baron of the free peoples of the Waikato.

1 Like